Search All Our Blogs

Monday, January 3, 2011

Did Your Ancestors "Go West"?

One of the most frustating things for me is having to start researching in a 'new' state. It has taken me years, but if I find a new ancestor in the Midwest I can quickly make progress getting their information together.

But all too often one of these midwestern ancestors went west and I am scouring about to find records in far flung states, like Alaska.

The Alaska History and Genealogy (www.alaskagenealogy.com) has original content and links to other sites to help in your research, so if one of your ancestors had that 'Westward Ho' bug, check it out.

BTW - Alaska became a state on January 3, 1959.

And for more hints, tips and suggestions pick up a copy of the Everyday Genealogy Desk Calendar!

No comments:

Post a Comment