If you live in Florida you know that most people MOVED to Florida they were not BORN in Florida. But, after you fall in love with the weather, Cuban sandwiches and Gasparilla you feel like you are a native.
Florida became a state on March 3, 1845. If you are researching your Florida roots here are some tips:
* Spanish Land Grant records (1764-1844) are available on microfilm from the Family History Libray.
* Researching in Florida? Check out the University of South Florida’s Special and Digital Collection.
* Florida Confederate Pension Application Files - ONLINE
* HIghlights of Florida History
* Best Chocolate Cake EVER - Wright's Gourmet Deli
Florida History Projects: 30 Cool, Activities, Crafts, Experiments & More for Kids to Do (Florida Experience)
The Immigrant World of Ybor City: Italians and Their Latin Neighbors in Tampa, 1885-1985 (Florida Sand Dollar Books)
St. Augustine and St. Johns County: A Historical Guide
The Gasparilla Cookbook
The Pirate Invasion - Gasparilla in Tampa Florida!