We had a 15 minute wait for our tour of the Ca' d'Zan Mansion and a guide suggested we tour Mable Ringling's Secret Garden and the Ringling Private Cemetery. Tori looked aghast! This was her day to view paintings, statues and circus memorabilia - not genealogy! As we walked over to the garden she spotted the fence and gate. There were the graves of John and Mable Ringling and John's sister Ida Ringling North.
As we toured the house, art and circus museum I would occasionally catch her eye and we would both laugh. No matter where we go, somehow we end up talking about dead people, cemeteries or genealogy. Tori and I highly recommend the Ringling Museum if you are ever in the Sarasota area.
Tori in the courtyard of the Ringling Art Musuem
Tips for the week:
- Explore online back up services
- Genealogy Blog
- Researching in Michigan's Upper Penisula?
- Genealogy Book
- Citing Ancestry.com Databases & Images Quick Sheet By Elizabeth Shown Mills
- Texas became a state on December 29, 1845
- Learn how your ancestors lived at the Texas Civil War Home Front Living History Website